Is there a way to autofill non-standard fields, such as employee #, Room #, Client #, etc.?

Options
buffalobillfan
buffalobillfan
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I file many standard web forms which have unique fields, such as those on government sites, for various clients. With my previous password app, I was able save the completed form fields for auto filling the next time I used the same form. I am trying to find how to do the same in 1P. I tried to do this by using Save Login, but that does not work.

1Password Version: 8.9.10 (80910043)
Extension Version: 2.5.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a way to autofill non-standard fields

Comments

• Hi @buffalobillfan,

This may be possible by adding custom fields within your 1Password item but we would need to take a look at the page and best advise how to achieve this. Are you able to provide me with a link so I can do some testing?

Thank you!

• buffalobillfan
    buffalobillfan
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

A link cannot be provided because these forms are on security restricted pages. I have provided a simple snapshot of one. This form has only one field, but some have many more. Having to copy and paste many fields every time is tedious.

However, during testing I found a way to autofill these different fields. 1P will autofill when text field title matches the field label on web form. But this leads to another difficulty. Having to add many text fields to many entries is very time consuming. There should an easier method for saving the contents of these unique fields such as a Save Form category or command. It is an especially useful feature in my previous app.

• Hey @buffalobillfan,

The solution you have found is indeed the best way to achieve this currently. We do have an open feature request to collect and save all fields even if the form is not a login form so I have added your vote to this.

Thank you for your feedback, let us know if you have any questions.

ref: IDEA-I-1437

This discussion has been closed.