Your session has expired. Please sign in again to authenticate 1Password.

phiwer
phiwer
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I am redirected to the login page, with the error message "Your session has expired. Please sign in again to authenticate 1Password.".

Even if I login (using the browser), and it says I successfully logged in, it seems like the 1password extensions opens the login page again.

I can still search the vault using the extension.

Extension Version: 2.5.0
OS Version: Fedora Linux
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @phiwer, that's very weird.

Even if I login (using the browser), and it says I successfully logged in, it seems like the 1password extensions opens the login page again.

Are you able to send a screen recording of this behavior over to us? With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• TakanoriKoga
    TakanoriKoga
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same phenomenon.
    If you know how to solve it, I would like to know!

The environment in which this is occurring is as follows
    Mac OS 13.0.1
    Chrome 108.0.5359.94(Official Build) (arm64)
    1Password chrome Extension 2.5.0
    1Password 7.app Version 7.9.6 (70906003)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TakanoriKoga, I would like to take a closer look at what is going on from your end. Are you able to send a screen recording of this behavior over to us?

With your email please include:

A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/135673/your-session-has-expired-please-sign-in-again-to-authenticate-1password#latest
    Your forum username: TakanoriKoga

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• TakanoriKoga
    TakanoriKoga
    Community Member

It is difficult to take videos as they occur irregularly. We will send it to you when the timing is right.

More than a dozen occur in the company.
    Chrome version was 107.0.5304.121 in some cases and Mac OS 12.5.1 in others

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@TakanoriKoga I understand and I appreciate the update! Please do send it in, along with extension console logs and a diagnostics report:

Again, with your email please include a link to this thread and your forum username. We'll take a look and investigate as soon as we can.

• EliseC
    EliseC
    Community Member

We're experienceing the same issue. I can reproduce it by using the Password Generator or selecting a Suggested Password that's prompted. It also happens seemingly without cause - a new browser window will open with the login screen (says: Your session has expired. Please sign in again to authenticate 1Password), but logging in doesn't fix anything. I'll send a video and logs to Support.

• jaybenner
    jaybenner
    Community Member

I'm also getting this. So bad I had to disable the add-on.
    Ubuntu
    Firefox/Brave

• TakanoriKoga
    TakanoriKoga
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Where is the support email address listed?

I would like to send you this information

• TakanoriKoga
    TakanoriKoga
    Community Member

I contacted you from here.
    https://support.1password.com/contact/

Support ID number was not listed in the email

What is the email address for your inquiry?

• I also have this problem.

The sign in screen opens in a new browser tab even when I update records from the desktop app.
    And even crazier: it opens on my main computer's browser when I update a record from the mobile app on my phone!

I really hope this to be fixed ASAP.

• @TakanoriKoga

It looks like on of my colleagues has replied to you. Can you continue the conversation with them?

• @itw8jDNsps2WH9j2GdXg

I think we're going to need to take a deeper look. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• @ag_tommy I'm already in touch with the support. Just emailed them logs from the app and the extension. Thanks!

• @EliseC @jaybenner

I'd also suggest emailing us so we can get additional details and logs. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. If you're able to send a recording please attach it directly to your message.

• Thanks itw8jDNsps2WH9j2GdXg I see your ticket now. Apologies for the extra traffic.

ref: VES-61358-813

• TakanoriKoga
    TakanoriKoga
    Community Member

@ag_tommy
    Thank you.

I responded to your support email reply.
    I also attached the chrome log and 1password.app log

• Leading Geek
    Leading Geek
    Community Member

I'm getting the same issue, but only on Linux (Mac is fine.)

• Hey @Leading Geek,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Leading Geek
    Leading Geek
    Community Member

Thanks Steph, I've done that.

• posixuk
    posixuk
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I'm having the same issue. Just now page opened at URL https://NAME.1password.com/signin/?a=IZAWHMO3MBBDJM4SC74Z3PKKHM with message "Your session has expired. Please sign in again to authenticate 1Password." I assume there is a pattern, but it's not yet obvious what the pattern is. This is happening 10-20 times a day for past two days. Environment is Mac OS 13.0.1. Chrome Version 108.0.5359.124 . 1Password plugin Version 2.5.1. 1Password app 1Password 7 Version 7.9.6 (70906002) Mac App Store. I've prepared console log and will send when it happens next.

• Hey @posixuk,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

The behaviour you are describing is only affecting users on 1Password 7. I would highly recommend trying out 1Password 8 to enjoy all of our great new features and fixes, here's how: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on!

• posixuk
    posixuk
    Community Member

Hello steph.giles, thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately v8 is unusable for me and some others as explained here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/133491/1password-8-search-keyword-to-filter-results-in-main-window-gone
    I need either v7 fixed or the filtering enabled in v8.

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Every time I make a change on my 1Password app, the 1Password on my browser flashes up with this message.
    Please can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Android 1Password 8.9.10
    Firefox Browser 108.0 (64-bit)
    1Password Add-on Version 2.5.1

• Hey @posixuk, @uwalakab,

In both cases I think it would be good if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

Can you please send over the following:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• jmag999
    jmag999
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue on macOS using the chrome extension (I don't have the application installed).

• twiddlesThumbs
    twiddlesThumbs
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue - Authentication Required Sign into your 1Password account (aaaaaa) to continue.
    1Password – Password Manager Version 2.5.1
    Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password for Windows Version 7.9.832 (because Version 8 so far has been unusable for me)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
  • Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @twiddlesThumbs, could you try the following to see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Though we can't make the determination just yet, I do want to let you know that it's possible that upgrading to 1Password 8 might be the solution. I saw that you mentioned that 1Password 8 has been unusable on your end. Could you tell me a bit more about why that is?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @uwalakab, thanks for sending over the info. Did you get a reply yet? If not, please share your Support ID with us here and we'll look into it.

This discussion has been closed.