1password Chrome Extension keeps closing immediately after login

Options
flx
flx
Community Member

Hi folks,

when I open the 1password Chrome extension and type in my pass, the window immediately closes and I'm not logged in. I can repeat this forever. The extension is basically unusable for me.

Chrome: Version 107.0.5304.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1password extension: Version 2.5.0

Here is the console log of the extension (I have redacted account IDs):
https://pastebin.com/kgtzETjR

From my understanding of the logs: it tries to do a bunch of stuff with the desktop app - which I obviously have not installed. The login call itself succeeds (see last line of log), but then for whatever other failures the extension does not come up. So I'm stuck with typing my PW over and over again. The only thing that works for me atm is visiting my.1password.com and login there. Then I manually copy-paste all the logins, pws and mfa tokens. That is one hell of a workflow..

If you need more info let me know, happy to help. Would love to use the extension again soon!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @flx!

Could you try the steps below, to see if the situation improves?

1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Under the General section, disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Restart your browser, and try 1Password again.

If the steps above haven't helped, could you attach the console log in an email message addressed to support+linux@1password.com, so that we can dig into things further with you?

With your email, please include:

We'll look forward to hearing from you!

• flx
    flx
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll test that and report back how it works goes.

• flx
    flx
    Community Member
    Options

So far this works just fine, thanks! I'll post back here should things regress.

• Hi @flx! I'm glad to hear that disabling integration has helped so far. If you notice any further issues, or have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach back out and we'll be happy to investigate further 😄

• flx
    flx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, seems like things are regressing. I suppose there is another corner case. I just sent a mail to the support.

• Hi @flx! Thanks for letting us know - we've received your email, and a member of the team will be in touch with you there shortly.

ref: YJU-22815-874

This discussion has been closed.