To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how to add two security keys to the Yubico Authenticator app on 1Password account?

Options
OtisNJay
OtisNJay
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Memberships

Hello - I want to use a spare backup Yubikey for the Yubico Authenticator. The 1st key is set. How do I setup the 2nd key as the backup on the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to add two security keys to the Yubico Authenticator app on 1Password account?

Comments

• OtisNJay
    OtisNJay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - I want to use a spare backup Yubikey for the Yubico Authenticator. The 1st key is set. How do I setup the 2nd key as the backup on my 1Password account?

• Hey @OtisNJay

You can manage two-factor authentication for your 1Password account, including security keys, on 1Password.com. Here's what to do:

1. Sign in to 1Password.com in your browser.
    2. Click your name in the top-right corner, then My Profile.
    3. Click "More Actions •••" > "Manage Two-Factor Authentication" on the left.
      ☞ Here's a direct link to the two-factor authentication management page: https://start.1password.com/profile/2fa/
    4. Click "Add a Security Key", shown here:

Then follow the onscreen instructions. You can read more about using hardware security keys with 1Password here: ☞ Use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• OtisNJay
    OtisNJay
    Community Member
    Options

Grey thank you very much for the reply. I was able to get the Security Key added to my account.

• @OtisNJay – Great! If you need any help at any point, do let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.