Feature Request - Secure Fields

TrevinLC1997
TrevinLC1997
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Windows

I know 1Password auto locks and everything but I think it would be a cool idea if you could check mark an item as "secure field" so if you want to download/open (file) or uncover a field (hidden) it would require your security key on file again. (Or mark whole items as secure so if you try and go to credit card information it requires your security key before showing)

Only reason is because once you login to 1Password on FireFox it doesn't require you to have your security key when unlocking and thus if someone had your stolen laptop if they knew your login they could get in without the security key. (Obviously could be an annoyance but could be a feature one could turn on/off)

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.5.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hello @TrevinLC1997

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for your suggestion!

For the time being, the best course of action setting up auto-lock and manually locking (Ctrl + Shift + L) as well as integrating the app with 1Password in the browser. When stepping away from your device, the locked app will also cause the extension to also lock:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    1. Under the General heading, enable Integrate with 1Password app as needed.

Then with a strong and unique account password not shared with anyone, you will be required to use the account password/security key to unlock the desktop app, to unlock 1Password in the browser.

I can't make any promises about this a feature like this making it's way into 1Password, but I've shared your thoughts with the Product team. Thanks!

ref: IDEA-I-2377

This discussion has been closed.