Bring back PIN login for Android on tablet

Options
WWisey
WWisey
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Android

I find it very difficult to login on a tablet having to enter the (very secure) master password every time. My only choice would be to leave the app unlocked or keep having to enter the master password. The tablet does not have a fingerprint scanner and the camera is not an option when a person has a facial injury or deformity. This is a matter of supporting those with disabilities. This was a feature offered previously in the app and it seems removing it was a step backwards. I find it very discouraging that I've brought this up several times and it appears it is not being addressed and/or pushed off.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android v12
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @WWisey, thanks for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that I, or anyone else on the 1Password team, has made it seem like we're not addressing this or pushing it off.

We tend to keep things fairly quiet until they're ready for release. While I can't make any promises as to if or when this will be implemented, I know there is ongoing conversation and work regarding how we could best implement additional lock options with the 1Password 8 mobile apps.

If there's anything I can help with at this time, just let me know.

This discussion has been closed.