To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can edit my frozen account, but why?

1Customer
1Customer
Community Member

A non-subscriber like me, with a standalone 7 license on Mac should only be able to add and edit items in local vaults, right?

This is why 1Password never fails to confuse. I discovered that the vault I’ve been using for new items created on Mac is actually within my 1Password account, which has supposedly been frozen and nagging me to resubscribe since July.

Thankfully it still syncs with my supposedly frozen version of the vault on my iPhone, although I can’t create new items using the frozen vault on iPhone, only a local one. Which explains why items created on Mac show up and are usable on iPhone but items created on my iPhone were not showing up on Mac, in the same, default vault. They sync via Dropbox. What a mess. Any explanation what’s causing this? I guess you get what you (don’t) pay for!! See what I did there oh password security, always hilarious.

Comments

• 1Customer
    1Customer
    Community Member

Gee no replies. But I did notice this in the Dec 7 release notes for extensions:

**Re-enabled some aspects of frozen account handling.

Does anyone know what that means? It's issue number !15513 but searching support turns up nothing.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

When your account is in a frozen status, you can only view your items, you can't create new ones. Since your using 1PW7, I imagine that's why it's still working slightly.

• Hello @1Customer! 👋

You're correct that, if you have a frozen account, you should be able to view the items saved to that account but not edit them. The team would like to look into this further. Since I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums, could you please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can dig deeper on this? After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

Does anyone know what that means? It's issue number !15513 but searching support turns up nothing.

This is a tracking number that allows for us to track issues internally. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.