After restarting Windows, Window Hello is no longer available to unlock 1Password

k3vlar
k3vlar
Community Member

After restarting Windows or coming back from sleep, Windows Hello is no longer an option to unlock 1Password. After unlocking 1Password with my password, Windows Hello works again to unlock until the next restart or the computer goes to sleep.

I do not have my 1Password password memorized, so this is a very annoying bug that is preventing me from using the application effectively.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:After restarting Windows, Window Hello is no longer available to unlock 1Password

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2022

Hello @k3vlar,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like you may need to enable the Use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello. The behaviour you describe is expected if this option is disabled or your device does not have a hardware Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0. You can learn more about this setting here: Windows Hello - Manage your settings

I do not have my 1Password password memorized, so this is a very annoying bug that is preventing me from using the application effectively.

If you are able to enable the TPM setting this will help, but until you memorize your account password, I wanted to remind that we provide Emergency Kits so you can store all of your account credentials in a safe place. I'd recommend saving and printing a copy of your Emergency Kit so you can record your account password in the space provided. That way you'll always have access to your account. If you lose your Secret Key or account password, we cannot restore it for you or help you recover your account.

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know and we'd be happy to assist you further!

• k3vlar
    k3vlar
    Community Member

I have TPM 2.0 (It's required for Windows 11). However, the option to use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello is greyed out in my settings.

• Hello @k3vlar,

Thanks for confirming your device has TPM 2.0. To investigate a bit further as to what could be the cause of it being greyed out in the settings, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Jermaine

This discussion has been closed.