Community Member

+1. I'm missing this feature.

• @sagemintblue

Thank you, I've passed along your feedback to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

• dwighttttt
    dwighttttt
    Community Member

+1 for me and +75 for my entire company that uses 1Pass. I've actually downgraded back to version 7 for this feature.
    Agreed on Quick Access too. It's not very quick if you want to immediately see other information you've stored for that login.

• @dwighttttt

Thank you for the feedback, I've forwarded it to the team.

I'd also encourage you to reach out to your account manager or our business team at business@1password.com to discuss how this feature, and changes to Quick Access, would be helpful for your company.

-Dave

ref: PB-30472666

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

+1 my business is still using 1Password 7 because of the feature regressions in QuickAccess vs Mini.

Mini is fantastic and the best feature of 1Password 7 and a differentiator vs your competitors.

Immediately see all details of a login from anywhere, easily edit logins, and easily generate passwords!

QuickAccess is useless in comparison!

• Xombie
    Xombie
    Community Member

Really want to see password creation back in Quick Access! Now I have to open the desktop app, create a login, copy and paste it and then create my account to continue. And it doesn't remember the App context or URL... Really a step back from how it was before!

It seems simple enough to add a Drop Down menu item to Quick Access to "Create New Login"

• Dmytro222
    Dmytro222
    Community Member

It's really annoying when you have to do three-four clicks for a simple password generation! Bring back the easy password generation !!!!

• unhappychappy
    unhappychappy
    Community Member

I see this thread was started in May and yet here we are in February with the feature still missing, even though it's clear that many people want it returned.

I've been using 1password 8 for less than 48 hours and I've found enough deficiencies compared to 1password 7 that I'm seriously considering going back. Why should I have to pay for an inferior product that has disrupted my workflow?

• vlsd
    vlsd
    Community Member

+1 on this
    if I understand correctly, the idea is that, when creating a new account, 1password will suggest a password automatically; the problem is, there's no way to trigger that action if it doesn't trigger itself (and it often doesn't) and there's no way to change details about the password (like adding digits, or removing certain characters)

• Dmytro222
    Dmytro222
    Community Member

Exactly!

• shane0
    shane0
    Community Member

I, too would like the Password Generator back in the menu bar.

• Saandstorm
    Saandstorm
    Community Member

Please add me as another Mac user that does not understand why a handy feature in 1PW7 was removed in 8 and now we have to ask for it back. Now that you've heard four pages of feedback, how about bumping this up on the JIRA backlog. :D

• itsatrap
    itsatrap
    Community Member

Not sure why developers ignoring so many requests from user community. You are not the only product on the market.

• My colleagues and I have forwarded all of your requests to add a password generator to either Quick Access or the menubar icon to our product team. The team pays close attention to features that are requested by folks and considers all options on how best to build a tool that works for everyone's workflow. Thank you for all of your suggestions and feedback.

I'm closing this thread since it's veering off-topic from the OP's original suggestion. The thread is also rather old now and I'd like to save folks from receiving notifications on each new comment. If anyone else would like to voice their request for this feature then please create a new thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31558007
    ref: PB-31558100
    ref: PB-31558197
    ref: PB-31558218
    ref: PB-31558235
    ref: PB-31558323

This discussion has been closed.