"Show as QR code" option for passwords on the app?

wesleynroberts
wesleynroberts
Community Member

Are there any plans to add another option, "Show as QR Code"?

Right now, I can choose from the following options when using my passwords in the 1PW desktop app: "copy", "Show in Large Type", and "Check for Vulnerable Password".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wesleynroberts:

Are you thinking of this for a functionality like showing a Wi-Fi QR code, or simply showing the raw text of a password in a QR code? Let me know, so I can better share your thoughts with the team! 🙂

Jack

• wesleynroberts
    wesleynroberts
    Community Member

Raw text! The idea would be to be able to keep 1PW downloaded one single machine while being able to "access" the passwords from another machine.

• @wesleynroberts:

You got it, I'll share your thoughts internally! In the meantime, have you tried out PSST? Psst! Now you can securely share 1Password items with anyone

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-758

• wesleynroberts
    wesleynroberts
    Community Member

That is very neat. I did not know about that. The QR code would still be more ideal for my use-case, so I'd still like to request that. However, I will likely use this feature in the future.

• You're very welcome @wesleynroberts!

Jack

• ViKeR81
    ViKeR81
    Community Member

I'm actually searching for the option that you are suggesting @Jack.P_1P! I have two use cases in this case. 1st is to share the wifi password from our home. The second one would be an acces card with qr from our local ice skating organisation's to have access as a member.

Would an addition like that be possible?

• ViKeR81
    ViKeR81
    Community Member

Pfff, sorry for the quick reply from myself, but I found out with another and wild retry that when you choose for add a file, that you can choose a photo as well. So by storing the qr code as a photo first, I could choose afterwards to add it to the vault. This fixed my use case already.

Hopefully this helps the next person as well

• wesleynroberts
    wesleynroberts
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P sorry for bringing up an ancient topic :)

Do you know if this has made any progress internally?

• Hey @wesleynroberts

Thanks for checking in. We haven't received much feedback from customers requesting the ability to display secrets as QR codes, to be honest. We'll definitely keep an eye out, but it isn't something that is currently on the roadmap.

Ben

ref: PB-31081885

This discussion has been closed.