My family member accesses with an iPad. How do we add another of her devices?

Options
duncs
duncs
Community Member

I invited my wife for sharing my shared vault. She can access through her iPad. How do I arrange for her to also access when using her desktop Mac?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:My family member accesses with an iPhone. How do we add another of her devices?

Comments

• Hi there @duncs

Your wife will be able to add her account to her desktop Mac by downloading 1Password and then adding her account:

If she's already been using iCloud Keychain on both her iPad and her Mac, 1Password for Mac will find her account automatically and she can enter her account password to sign in.

If not, the easiest way to sign in to a new device is with the Setup Code (see article above). Here's (briefly) what to do:

1. On the iPad, tap the account and collection chooser (the icon in the top-left corner) and choose Set Up Another Device....
    2. In the pop-up that appears, tap the Setup Code tab to show it.
    3. On 1Password for Mac, click "Scan Setup Code" when setting it up, and use the Mac's camera to scan the code.
    4. Enter the account password and sign in.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.