Forcing 1Password on iOS to re-sync from the server, or wiping and reinstalling if not

nettle
nettle
Community Member

I have 1Password installed on an iOS device which I haven't used for a while, but my current account password is not working to unlock it. I suspect that I have changed the password since I last used that device (and, if so, I don't have access to the old password). Everything is working fine on my other devices with my current password, and I am confident that there are no un-synced passwords or other items on this specific device that I need to recover.

What's the best way to resolve this? Is there a way to tell the iOS client to forget its local data and fetch everything from the server again? If not, can I just delete the 1Password app from the iOS device in the usual way, reinstall, and set it up again, or do I need watch out for anything special?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nettle

As you've said, the solution here will indeed be to reset 1Password on your iOS device. You can delete 1Password from your device, reinstall it, and sign back in to your 1Password account and this will force a resync with 1Password.com.

If you need them, full instructions on how to do this are here: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device.

We'll be here if you need any help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.