To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Storage limit

Options
satyanath
satyanath
Community Member

I am new to 1Password. I got in just today with a family plan. I read that there is a document storage limit of 1GB. What all will be accounted for in that limit?. I guess the secure notes do not come under that limit. What about attachments to secure notes?. Do they come under that limit?.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• satyanath
    satyanath
    Community Member
    Options

What all will be accounted for in the 1GB storage limit?.

• GreyM1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @satyanath

All of your 1Password data counts towards your 1 GB limit. This includes attachments in items and Document items on their own. Attachments and Document items will probably use up the most space, since most of your 1Password data is just text, so is very very small. To give you an idea of scale, a Login item with username, password and website takes up (very approximately) 4 kB. The 1 GB limit would allow for at least 250,000 items like that.

CORRECTION: Only attachments and Document items count towards the storage limit.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

• satyanath
    satyanath
    Community Member
    Options

But as per the web site - that does not seem to be true. It says unlimited items "AND" document storage of 1GB.

• @satyanath

I'm sorry about this; it looks like I spoke too soon. I've just checked this with a test account and you're right – it's only attachments that count towards the storage limit. Apologies for the confusion there!

— Grey

(I've edited my previous post to account for this error.)

• satyanath
    satyanath
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation of my understanding

• @satyanath

Thank you for the question! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.