1Password just became harder to use on Samsung Galaxy

Options
ClayEdwards
ClayEdwards
Community Member

Until a few days ago, 1password would offer a field above the keyboard on my Samsung galaxy that allowed me to fill in passwords for the associated app, now I have to leave the app, open 1password, and search for the associated password - any idea what might have happened?
More importantly - how do I fix it?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ N/A
Referrer: forum-search:1password on android stopped showing when I click password field in apps

Comments

• Hi @ClayEdwards, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear 1Password isn't filling as expected on your Galaxy.

To start I'd like to ask you to reset Autofill as there are a few scenarios where it can be shut off silently:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. If on, tap Autofill off > tap Autofill on.
    5. Select 1Password as your Autofill service.

After resetting Autofill can you fill as expected? If not, I'd like to ask you to share a few apps or websites where 1Password isn't filling along with the browser you use.

As you mentioned this occurred a few days ago, did you notice any updates or other changes on your device at that time? I'd also like to ask if it's a Galaxy phone or tablet?

Thanks again!

• ClayEdwards
    ClayEdwards
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have worked for now - I actually suspect an update to the Samsung Keyboard app. At the same time the problem occured, the look of my keyboard changed. I have found that I can also 'fix' the problem by using some keyboard other than Samsung, and it broke again when I reenabled the Samsung keyboard.

Thanks for your help

• Hi @ClayEdwards, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that worked for you.

I haven't had seen any issues with Samsung Keyboard when it's the on-screen keyboard but I'll keep an eye for this as new updates become available. If you prefer to use Samsung Keyboard as your on-screen keyboard, you can also change the "Display Autofill prompts" setting to "Below the fields they relate to" from Settings > Autofill.

Thanks again!

• jvdutrag
    jvdutrag
    Community Member
    Options

Not working for me :( Already tried this steps. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S21+ with Android 12, everything is up to date

• Hi @jvdutrag, I'm sorry 1Password isn't filling as expected on your Galaxy S21+. Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

I'd like to ask you to send us a message at support+forum@1password.com so we can look in to this issue more closely. With your message, please include a description of the issue. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which gives you a support number, that looks like [#ABC-12345-123], and if you post that here, I'll make sure your message gets to the right place. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.