Quick Open improvement suggestion

Options
notnotjake
notnotjake
Community Member

With 1P8, the one area of greatest ongoing disappointment is the replacement of 1P Mini with 1P Quick Open. I use 1P for much more than passwords, including server details and private information that I have to enter regularly. With Mini's split design, you could see all fields at a glance with no action required, but in Quick Open you have to click something to see more. And if you don't know about Cmd+O, you have to click two things.

Navigating this interface is cumbersome and a clear regression from 1P7. While I understand the quick bar thing is popular design now with many apps, and don't expect it to be completely redone, I think there is room for improvement within this design.

The inclusion of keyboard shortcuts from the search results is a good option. A search, then Cmd+O (opens in new pinned window) roughly replicates the experience of 1PMini. But I would like an option to just Open the item in new window when I hit the right arrow, or by hitting Tab. This would be easier than a combo shortcut.

Additionally, when you go to the More Actions UI, I would like all of the items fields listed, not just Username and Password.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• notnotjake
    notnotjake
    Community Member
    Options

tldr: For Quick Open, I'd like an option to use 'Tab' or Right-Arrow, for "Open Item in New Window" and also to have all fields listed, not just Username and Password in the "More Actions" screen of the item.

• Hello @notnotjake! 👋

I can certainly see how being able to change the "Open Item in New Window" shortcut would be useful and I've filed a feature request with our product team on your behalf.

Thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-717

This discussion has been closed.