What happened with 1P8?

Options
alexius
alexius
Community Member

Sorry in advance for the list of complaints. I recently upgraded not quite realizing the significance of the changes in v8. It feels quite unfinished and there was absolutely no effort to transition users to the new experience.

Context: I've been a 1P customer for 10 or 15 years and never complained about price, subscription model, etc. I'm not that kind of user! :)

I came here because the shortcut just spontaneously stopped working across all apps. I can't even tell if it's an extension issue or an app issue or what. Choosing it from the chrome menu works, fixes the shortcut behavior, and then minutes later it stops working. I'm hoping a restart fixes it, but I quite regret upgrading to 8 at this stage.

I've now generated + filled a couple passwords that for the first time have not saved - i.e. got completely deleted - i had to immediately reset my passwords because 1p didn't save them. I've used this feature 1000s of times in 1P7 and never have I completely lost a generated password that was immediately submitted on a site.

1Password used to just work, and now the new extension behavior feels unreliable and inconsistent across browsers (sometimes its inline, sometimes it's floating, sometimes it's from the browser menu?). This feels like a combination of bugs and UX decisions that perhaps aren't fully thought through.

Quick access vs autofill is a weird distinction in practice, especially when you have multiple logins for the same site. The windows look and behave nothing like the app itself and it's quite disorienting to bounce between them.

Selecting items is far less intuitive. Behaviors like holding option to reveal a password changed inexplicably and without an obvious replacement. How is a toggle (command R) a more secure option - and even if it makes more sense, why the need to remove the hold option behavior? It's a different use case.

Anyway, I'm assuming I'm adding to a big pile but had to do it. Super disappointed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

The behavior to reveal passwords can be changed back to option key in the preferences.
    I agree that 1PW8 in its current form is barely usable for long time users. Many functions are either missing or hidden behind dropdowns. Search UI/UX is just a mess. Drag and drop workflows are missing...

This discussion has been closed.