"op" no longer working after jamf installation

Options
nedbat
nedbat
Community Member
edited December 2022 in CLI

I've been using "op" to read credentials on my Mac, it works great. But my company installed jamf on my Mac, and now op simply responds

% op item list --vault Private
[ERROR] 2022/12/08 09:34:40 connecting to desktop app: connection reset, make sure the CLI is correctly installed and Connect with 1Password CLI is enabled in the 1Password app

I've uninstalled and re-installed op with homebrew.

My settings say:

Can this be made to work? Are there settings in jamf that need to be adjusted for it to work?

1Password Version: op 2.9.1, 1Password 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:jamf

Comments

• francismh
    francismh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I ran into the same issue after the last updates.
    I am not using Jamf.

1Password dropped support for 10.15?

macOS 10.15.7 (19H2026)
    1Password for Mac 8.9.10 (80910043)
    op --version 2.9.1

• Hi @francismh and @nedbat:

I'd like to ask you both to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• nedbat
    nedbat
    Community Member
    Options

Separately, I updated my macOS to 12.6.1, and now the op command works. I don't understand why, but it's working now.

• francismh
    francismh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I sent a reply to support+forum@1password.com, but got a response from business support sans support id number.

• Hi @francismh:

I was able to locate your ticket. We'll take a closer look and be in touch soon.

@nedbat:

Glad to hear updating to macOS 12.6.1 fixed it. We're investigating an issue with macOS 10.15 and the latest release of 1Password 8 for Mac, so thanks for sharing.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#18979

• francismh
    francismh
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P is there a way to downgrade 1Password 8 to the last minor version?

• Hi @francismh / @nedbat:

We've just released version 8.9.11 of 1Password for Mac with a fix for this issue. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• francismh
    francismh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I can confirm that it works on 8.9.11.

I am pleasantly surprised, I was expecting this to be closed as wontfix due to OS EOL.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.