Starting over?

Options
PeterBBailey
PeterBBailey
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

Hello,
I've just come back to 1P from Dashlane. I imported the zip file from Dashlane into 1P. But something didn't seem right. So, I did it again. And now, I have a lot of duplicate logins. And it isn't very clear. Where there are two entries for login, I see the creation date on one of them, usually a few years ago. When I look at the second one, though, the date is today's date, at the time I imported it! And each has its own password. What can I do? Do I need to purge my account and start over?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @PeterBBailey, 👋🏻

Welcome back to 1Password, I'm sorry the transition hasn't been as smooth as we would hope. In the circumstances you've described here, starting with a new account where you can re-import that data may well be the best approach. The duplicate tool available in 1Password won't offer to remove any items if there are any difference between them, including creation date, so the only alternative would be to sort these items manually.

This will largely depend on how many items you have and your personal preference. In case you opt to start fresh: How to delete your 1Password account. Once deleted, you're welcome to make a new 1Password account using the same email address. Remember to also get the newest copy of your Emergency Kit.

If you prefer to sort your items manually, I'll highlight a couple features in case they help:

While not necessarily made for this purpose, Watchtower will identify reused passwords, which may help highlight some duplicate items:

Sorting your items by "Title" and "Date Modified":

Opening an item in a new window will let you compare it with a potential duplicate side by side:

Let me know how things go or if you have any questions. 🙂

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your advice. I believe I'll just delete my account and start over. A nice guy from 1P emailed telling me I could press Command + A in the logins on the website and then right click to delete them all. But, when I do that, everything but the actual logins lights up. So, I don't want to do that.
    Cheers. I'll let you know how it goes.

• @PeterBBailey

Thank you for the reply. I see that you're indeed currently discussing the issue with one of my colleagues over email and I recommend continuing there. To prevent having the same conversation in two places, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: VTW-28296-288

This discussion has been closed.