Edit field types using 1Password 8

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 unable to move fields around.

Comments

• plmorgan66
    plmorgan66
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Obviously there are already lots of people speaking up about the loss of field order management--which is a huge issue for me, too. But I'd like to add my vote to the one post above about also losing the ability to change field types. That was one of several feature that helped set 1PW apart from competitors, allowing flexibility and easy updating of records over time.

Related to that, a while back I put in a feature request to add a new field type to the list that would obscure data with bullets like a password but not be subject to the password strength evaluation. I tire of seeing my credit card three-digit security codes, PINs, and security question answers (all of which I like to obscure) evaluated as "terrible" passwords. Please consider this when (hopefully) adding back field type editability. Thanks.

• Hello @plmorgan66! 👋

I've split your post into it's own thread since the previous thread was focused on field reordering. I personally agree that it would be great to be able to change field types and I've added your feedback to an existing feature request open for that capability.

Related to that, a while back I put in a feature request to add a new field type to the list that would obscure data with bullets like a password but not be subject to the password strength evaluation. I tire of seeing my credit card three-digit security codes, PINs, and security question answers (all of which I like to obscure) evaluated as "terrible" passwords.

If you don't use the password field at the top of a Login item but instead create a new custom password field you won't see the password rating there:

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-530

• plmorgan66
    plmorgan66
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! I see what you're saying in version 8 regarding "password" entries that are added custom fields not showing the strength evaluation. Thank you, that does address the annoyance I noticed red in prior versions.

And thanks, too, for adding me to that feature request about fields types.

Phil

• @plmorgan66

Thank you again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.