1Password 6 Auto Updating to 7

cjw333
cjw333
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm running a licensed version of 1Password 6 and it recently auto updated to 1Password 7, a version for which I do not have a license. This has now happened a second time after I followed the instructions to remove 1P7 from my computer (https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/), rebooted, and reinstalled 1P6.8.9 from a previously downloaded pkg.

I have not downloaded an install package for 7, I have not previously downloaded it from the App Store, and did not see a popup prompting me about the upgrade so I have no idea how this is happening. I'm running 1P6 on multiple computers and this is only happening on one of them.

I'd appreciate any insight into what might be going on here and how to resolve it so I can remain on 1P6.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 automatically updating

Comments

• cjw333
    cjw333
    Community Member

I know this is a long shot but bumping it up to see if I can get some kind of response. I'd love to figure this out.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2022

Hello @cjw333! 👋

1Password 6 for Mac is no longer supported and hasn't been updated in many years. I personally haven't used this version in quite some time but I don't recall 1Password 6 automatically updating to 1Password 7.

I suggest that you send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our support team can take a look however we're relatively limited in the support that we can provide for older versions. The team can also go over the available options when it comes to updating to the latest version of 1Password. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.