I receive: /Users/Werner/Desktop/Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-16 um 09.06.58.png. Fishing ?

Options
Ottofant
Ottofant
Community Member

I receive following message : /Users/Werner/Desktop/Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-16 um 09.06.58.png " 1 Password needs to update some of its files, which requires the password you use to log in to your Mac." . Is this a fishing trial or a real request for an update ?
regards
Werner

1Password Version: 1 Password 7
Extension Version: 8.9.10
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I receive: /Users/Werner/Desktop/Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-16 um 09.06.58.png. Fishing ?

Comments

• Hello @Ottofant! 👋

I'm sorry that you're receiving an error message when using 1Password. It looks like you linked to a location on your local Mac which we can't see here on the public forums. Can you attach the screenshot directly to your reply? You can attach an image using the "Insert an image" tool:

-Dave

• Ottofant
    Ottofant
    Community Member
    Options

where can I find that "insert an image" tool ?
    Werner

• Ottofant
    Ottofant
    Community Member
    Options

here is the URL

Werner

• Ottofant
    Ottofant
    Community Member
    Options

The before send URL image is what I called a suspicious message . Is this a serious request or a fishing trial ?
    -Werner

• Hi there @Ottofant

That message is genuinely coming from 1Password, so it's safe to enter your macOS admin username and password to allow it to update. 👍

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need any help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.