app on IOS won't open it just keeps crashing

egoldstein999
egoldstein999
Community Member
edited December 2022 in iOS

I have the app I believe version 7on IOS. Recently - im not sure exactly how recently - It will no longer open. I force close it. Try to open it and it just crashes.

I know it worked as recently as a month ago when I had to change my computer password.

I thought to try and reinstall it but in the AppStore the only download option is 1Password 8, that installed a new version but I cannot migrate from 7 to 8 without first opening 7 to get the secret key.

HELP!!!!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 16.1.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited December 2022

Hi there @egoldstein999

I'd recommend emailing us about this issue so that we can work with you to solve it. Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app (note: not 1Password's Settings).
    2. Tap Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data.
    3. Find any item(s) mentioning 1Password in the name, and tap it/them.
    4. With the crash log open, tap the Share button and choose to email it to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Please only send one crash report for now.

You'll receive an auto-reply from BitBot that will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123]. Post that here, and I'll make sure your message reaches the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

ref: HBB-93661-348

• Hi @egoldstein999 ,

I've located your email. I'm going to close this thread to avoid duplicating our efforts. Someone from our team will send a reply to your email as soon as possible. Thank you!

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.