Comments

• ocsg
    ocsg
    Community Member

It is now December. Where is the fix???

• ahr21
    ahr21
    Community Member

THIS POST FROM COMMUNITY MEMBER ‘NPR’ FROM 11.6.22 IS EXACTLY MY ISSUE, AS WELL
    I had to reset my iPhone 14 Pro, and now 1Password 8 will not take my FaceID. The FaceID popup does come up from the dynamic island, followed by a green check-mark in the popup when it gets accepted, then I'm prompted by 1Password to enter my password manually. Every. Single. Time. All my passwords for other apps etc. are very long and complex and stored in 1Password, so this is a showstopper in getting my phone back up and running. I've tried restarting my phone, disabling/enabling FaceID in the app, and deleting and reinstalling the app. Any suggestions before I change my 1Password master password to "123"?

THIS HAPPENS IN 1PASSWORD 8 THE IOS APP. I AM RUNNING IOS 16.1.2 ON A BRAND NEW IPHONE 14

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• PowerMac96
    PowerMac96
    Community Member

I’ve been a long time supporter for 1Password, as a teen i used the k’ed version because we were broke, now as an adult i take pride in paying for this wonderfull software. However after resetting my iPhone X after three years of service i found myself in the possession of broken premium software. I think i dont have to explain how such a critical oversight would have been communicated in the open source realm! Good luck with debugging the problem 🤙🏼

• ianmurdock
    ianmurdock
    Community Member

Face ID fails every time. I go into settings and toggle the Face ID switch on and off, but that does nothing to solve the problem. The system makes me re-enter my password whether the switch is toggled on or off.

• lenlin
    lenlin
    Community Member

Hello, I'm also affected by this issue too. I'm on iOS 16.1.2 with 1Password 8.9.7 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Please kindly help...

• andytroyer1
    andytroyer1
    Community Member

I have had this issue for months now. Now I'm on IOS 16.2 with no resolution in sight. I've temporarily redownloaded 1Password 7 which works fine. What is odd is there is no issue with my iPad Pro 2018 and 1Password 8 with faceid... none at all and never was. This is ONLY an issue on my iPhone 11. Amazing this discussion has been going on since September and here we are heading toward mid December with zero resolution. With the volume of ppl with this issue you would think a resolution has been found and an update has occurred. By yea faceid fails every time on my iPhone 11 with certain apps (most) it will not work. Some apps do work though with 1Password 8 on my iphone such as my Chase bank app but another financial app such as the UBS app does not and I don't believe anything when using my Chrome or Safari browser works with this version of 1Password.

• sturvey
    sturvey
    Community Member

Haven't seen a comment from today, so just wanted to make sure 1p knows it's still not fixed. You know, in case they care. :)

• sturvey
    sturvey
    Community Member

Well, it would appear that the problem has been resolved. So far today, I haven’t had a face recognition issue on any login or app I’ve try to use it with.
    Thanks 1p :)

• dchiuten
    dchiuten
    Community Member

It’s most definitely still not fixed for me

• Hacktron
    Hacktron
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P please thank the developers for me, version 8 Face ID is now working on iOS for me. I am using the test flight version 8.9.9

• Giu
    Giu
    Community Member

I'm running 1Password 8 on my iphone 11 (iOS 16.1.2) and despite having Face ID enabled the app keeps asking for password every single time I'm opening it. Disabling and enabling the FACE ID in the app's settings does not fix the problem, it seems the app its basically ignoring FACE ID.
    Also tried restarting the phone, opening 1password with password, opening another app and going back to 1 password, it still asks for password.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 16.1.2
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:keeps asking for password

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I had hesitated to migrate to 1PW 8 since 7 worked so well and I didn’t see or read of anything specific that was improved in 8, at least for me. But I eventually did about a month and a half ago on both my phone and iPad. There have been no issues, no problems with Face ID or anything else. I still haven’t seen any compelling improvement but certainly nothing to complain about. Just a few things to get used to.

Now 8 on my Mac, a 2013 MBP, is a different story. The main app is fine but the Safari extension bogs the system down unacceptably when launching Safari so I only use the main app not the extension. But I use my iOS devices 99% of the time anyway and 8 has given me nothing to think twice about. So I don’t see any disasters that they have to get a handle on. And it sounds like their latest release fixes the Face ID issue some are having.

• amandak
    amandak
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I also have this issue with 1PW8 on my iPhone. Face ID doesn't work at all. I can't install 1PW7 because it's not on the Apple App store. It's so frustrating. I've been a longtime user and love 1PW but this is the worst user experience I've had in a very long time. I may need to switch password software.

• CalvinHo
    CalvinHo
    Community Member

Also having problems with faceid. Brand new iPhone 14pro iOS 16.1.2 with a fresh install of 1pw8.

The app attempts faceid then asks for a pw when it inevitably fails. To say this is a let down is an understatement.

• seemax
    seemax
    Community Member

I'm having this problem as well.
    I sent a diagnostics report. I have tired uninstalling, reinstalling, etc etc.
    I didn't realize how long this has been going on for others.
    Absurd.

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Yeah I’m here again as this has just started happening on my iPad. Again. It’s been an issue on my Mac for over a month now, again. I don’t want to fix it again. Because it’ll just happen. Again.

I am very close indeed to downgrading to 1P7 across all my devices. That “just works”. 1P8 just “does not”.

You’ve no idea how much good will this is losing you, 1Password. You were a rock. Now I tolerate you because I’m in too deep to switch (my first password being created in August 2009).

• CalvinHo
    CalvinHo
    Community Member

It sounds like I need to investigate how to downgrade to 1P7 as well as that’s what is working.

I too will echo the sentiment that had I not been a customer since 1P3 that would have gone to another solution.

• yuleihit
    yuleihit
    Community Member

I confirmed this issue in this thread back in Sep. I found it had not been fixed, so I came back. I am a software developer too in a big company. I am curious how a bug could not be fixed in three months? or if it is simply because no one is working on it. I don't think a company like this could go far in their business.

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member

Same issue here

• Giu
    Giu
    Community Member

test flight version 8.9.9 fixed the face id issue if anyone is not willing to downgrade to 1P7

• RvdT
    RvdT
    Community Member

Here in version 8.9.7 and also have issues with FaceID and unlock. FaceID is working for other apps and unlocking my iPhone. But never unlocks 1Password. It shows successful detection of the face but doesn’t unlock. Even when I turned off FaceID and back on again, reset FaceID setup, uninstalled the App, rebooted the phone. Nothing helps unfortunately :(

• vinlucero
    vinlucero
    Community Member

This bug is affecting me as well. How do I fix?? On latest version of 1PW8 on iOS 16. Please advise.

This discussion has been closed.