Using security fields

Options
MartynOxford
MartynOxford
Community Member

I'm trying to use security fields for the question that follows a successful login to a site, such as 'Mother's maiden name'.
When I click on the text box to fill in the answer, nothing appears. I have to go into 1Password and locate the login item - and then have to copy/paste the security field. i feel I'm missing something. If not - then please could there be an Autofill button next to the security field, or an Autofill option added to the Copy/Reveal/Show Large/Pin contect menu.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using security fields

Comments

• Hi @MartynOxford, thanks for your question.

On Android devices, 1Password cannot Autofill security questions. Instead you can drag and drop the security question, or as you mentioned, copy and paste the security question.

If there's anything else I can help with at this time, just let me know!

• MartynOxford
    MartynOxford
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I hope my request - the second half of my post - might get logged somewhere, and eventually even actioned!

• You're very welcome @MartynOxford.

Due to how the Autofill service functions on Android devices, I don't believe an Autofill button would be possible in this context. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, there is certainly interest and work going into expanding what and where 1Password can fill. I would personally like to see security question filling in the future as well. I've also gone ahead and shared your thoughts with the team. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.