Using 1password on two macs for a transition period

Options
MarkL1
MarkL1
Community Member

We have a family membership, just bought a macbook air to replace 5 year old macbook pro that currently runs 1password. We'll want to have 1password working for some transition period on both macs, is the best thing to download from your site for the new macair? I assume the install will walk me through how to integrate it with the existing vault that the old mac is currently using. We also have 1password running on an iPhone, an android phone, and my two chromebooks if that matters, I don't think there's any limits on how many devices we can have. Any other tips on how to not screw this up.?
tnx

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @MarkL1,

Happy new device day! 🎉

Everything you mentioned is spot on. I recommend double checking that you can log in on 1Password.com in your browser and that you see all your data there. If so, feel free to download 1Password 8 on whichever devices you'd like to use it on and log in to populate your data: 1Password 8 Downloads

As far as tips go, have an up to date copy of your Emergency Kit just in case (this is true all the time though).

If you don't see all your data on 1Password.com, let me know and we can do some troubleshooting. Likewise if you have any questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.