Help! 1PW 7 data deleted when signing in to 1password.com account

andros
andros
Community Member

I recently upgraded my Mac and devices to 1password 8 and started the on line family account, sending an invitation to my wife to join with her vault. When she responded to the invitation by signing in, all her data was immediately deleted from her 1PW 7 vault. Now I can't find any of it. Did 1PW delete all her passwords permanently?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:Help! 1PW 7 data deleted when signing in to 1password.com account

Comments

• andros
    andros
    Community Member

Post script; my wife's computer had an older but functional vault, so I synched that with the ipad, then loaded that data to her account. Still not sure why the on line account wiped out her data originally, but apparently I'm not the only one this has happened to.

• Hi there @andros

That doesn't sound like what we'd expect. Please send us an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and we can take a look into it with you. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot containing a conversation number (of the form [#ABC-12345-123]) – post that number here so that I can move your email to the right place. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.