Version 6, can't get a note changed on MacOS Ventura to update on iOS ver 7.4.4

DerringDo
DerringDo
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Yes, I'm an anachronism, and I don't sync anything to the cloud with these accounts (I have used this app for over a decade.) My main location for inputting data is the Mac, and I just want it to sync to the iPhone to stay current. Noticed today that while it frequently will sync brand new items (notes/logins) ones that I actually change on the Mac are not updating on the phone.

Is there a hierarchy somewhere I need to tweak? Else, how would I go about forcing the Mac version to be the master copy, and over-write what is on the phone? Any other hints would be appreciated. I understand this is a very old version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync hierarchy for version 6

Comments

• Hello @DerringDo! 👋

1Password 6 for Mac is no longer supported. We strongly encourage you to update to 1Password 8 as soon as you have the chance to take advantage of the latest features, updates, and bug fixes.

I recommend that you send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our support team can see what options are available when it comes to updating to a later version. The team will also see if there's any assistance that they can provide for the legacy sync issue however we're relatively limited in the support that we can provide.

-Dave

• DerringDo
    DerringDo
    Community Member

Thanks. Is this then not a community forum, so I might not find people with similar wifi sync issues?

I will never upgrade to a sync-to-cloud version, I'm just not comfortable with that. I backup locally, and sync via wifi. I guess if 1Password is actually no longer performing as I thought it's past time for me to finally find a replacement. It's been a lot of years, but you've definitely taken the app a direction I can't go.

• @DerringDo

Understood. I personally haven't used 1Password 6 in many years but perhaps someone else that might have run into the issue may be able to jump in and offer suggestions. And the support team over on the email side may have some ideas if you reach out to them.

Thank you for using 1Password for so many years, my wish is that you stay with us but I'm happy that you'll continue to use a password manager to keep yourself safe even if it ultimately isn't 1Password. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.