1Password: Windows - Application Error

Options
gevenden
gevenden
Community Member

1password version 7 would not start. I windows pop-up every time trying to start it. -
1Password: Windows - Application Error
The instructions at 0x0000024729DAB180 referenced memory at 0x0007FF9D7E05AB0. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.
Click on OK to terminate the program

Un-Installed and trying to install version 8 for windows and it is giving same error window when I try to install- 1Password: Windows Application error when trying to install that gives this notice The instructions at 0x0000024729DAB180 referenced memory at 0x0007FF9D7E05AB0. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.

My operating system is Windows 10 Home, Build 19045.2364

Please advise.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: ? Will not start
OS Version: Windows 10 Home, Build 19045.2364
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password: Windows - Application Error

Comments

• Hello @gevenden,

Thanks for reaching out.

I understand you're encountering an issue with both 1Password 7 and 8 for Windows not opening on your computer.

In order to determine what may have gone wrong, I'll ask you for some logs from your system. These should help us track down the specific cause. Here's how you can get that information to us:

Sending 1Password Logs

1. Look for the Windows search bar in the lower-left corner of your screen (where it says "type here to search")
    2. Copy and paste the following into the Windows search bar: %localappdata%\1Password\logs. Then hit Enter.
    3. Select everything in this folder, and then right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

This creates a zip file containing all the logs you see.

Then, attach that zip file to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

We'll look forward to hearing from you!

Jermaine

• gevenden
    gevenden
    Community Member
    Options

FYI. Got a response here too and have sent off the requested info to your support team. Just didn't want you both doubling up. Maybe you two can connect to ensure just one of you handles it?

https://1password.community/discussion/135778/1password-started-crashing-immediately-upon-updating-to-new-version-today

• Hi @gevenden! Thanks for letting us know. We've received your email, and a member of the team will get back to you there shortly 😄

ref: NVK-99849-333

This discussion has been closed.