Password not accepted

Options
EllenMcCance
EllenMcCance
Community Member

Help! 1Password has suddenly stopped accepting my master password, and I am locked out. What can I do?

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS Ventura 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Help! 1Password is suddenly not accepting my password, and I am locked out. What do I do?

Comments

• Hi @EllenMcCance

Please send us an email about this to support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply containing a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123]. Post that number here and I'll make sure your email goes to the right place. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

• EllenMcCance
    EllenMcCance
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your response. Happily, I have now resolved the issue by raking through all my files and finally finding a password that works! This was traumatic, I have to admit. I have used 1P for many many years and was shocked to suddenly be locked out!

• @EllenMcCance – I'm glad to hear you're back in! If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

• EllenMcCance
    EllenMcCance
    Community Member
    Options

It is great to know you guys are there! Very reassuring, as I never want to go through something like this again. I was so upset and distracted I missed the World Cup Final. And now they are saying it was the greatest one ever. Ah well, all's well that ends well. Wishing you and your colleagues in the 1P community all the very best for the holiday season.

• @EllenMcCance – You can find us here on the 1Password Support Community (along with lots of other knowledgeable 1Password customers!) and if you're ever stuck and need help, we're available by email (support@1password.com) at any time.

Happy holidays from all of us! 🎄⛄️

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.