Problem with Masked Email and Quick Access

Options
Seeee
Seeee
Community Member

User path:
1. Register an account with Masked Email via 1Password browser extension;
2. 1Password generates Masked Email and save the login, filling the mask email in Email filed;
3. When using quick access, it only allows you to copy Username and Password, while many website take email as username to login.
4. Besides, as Email field filled with mask email is kind of special, I can not select text in the field, then I have to manually input the mask email in the username field.

This should be fixed, at least allow user to copy email in quick access.

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: 1P for Safari 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @Seeee:

Great question! I see this is something we're investigating, so I'll add your voice to an internal issue we have on this. Thanks for sharing your feedback, and hopefully we'll be able to improve this in the future.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#13257

• nobledust3753
    nobledust3753
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this issue.

• Noted. Thanks nobledust3753

• GripsGroundhog
    GripsGroundhog
    Community Member
    Options

This is my number one gripe with the Masked Email integration.

I think the answer might be in the "Save/Update" modal that shows when you first create a new login with masked email. Having a button to copy the email to the Username field would make it easy to avoid. Or, if 1P doesn't detect a username in the data to be saved, it could automatically copy the new email into that Username field.

• @GripsGroundhog

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue is causing and I've added your report to the internal work item for the issue so that our developers are aware.

-Dave

• GripsGroundhog
    GripsGroundhog
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks y'all! I appreciate your listening. I neglected to say that I was using Masked Email before the integration and had no idea y'all were going to add that. It's such a tremendous feature from both Fastmail and 1Password. I love it!

• @GripsGroundhog

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the masked email integration. 🙂

-Dave

• ZeroLox
    ZeroLox
    Community Member
    Options

Hello any idea when this issue is going to be addressed?

• Hi @ZeroLox,

Thanks for following up, afraid I don't have any updates to share at the moment but we'll do our best to post here once we do. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.