1password for safari extension and access to data

Options
RNRNRNRN1717
RNRNRNRN1717
Community Member

Hi,

In 1password 8 for Mac and the extension for safari, I see a warning message that says, "This extension would be able to read and alter webpages and see your browsing history on this website. This could include sensitive information, including passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards. You can change this later in the Websites section of Safari Settings." Then I have a variety of options listed.

I do not recall seeing this and would rather not share data. What happens with the various options?

Thanks.

Richard

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension 1 password for safari access

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi Richard @RNRNRNRN1717,

Great question and kudos for being so diligent about your security! It sounds like those are warnings from Safari regarding the 1Password browser extension. We request those permissions to accurately match websites with your items, identify which fields need to be filled, and fill your data. As such, those permissions are necessary for autofill to behave as fluidly as possible and I do recommend granting them.

I'll share some links to our website that have more details about our browser extension permissions, privacy, and security in case you want more information:

The choice is ultimately yours though and I'm happy to explore alternative ways to use 1Password to fill your data. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in or if you have any questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.