Auto-lock preference options [Feature request]

Options
pixelmachine
pixelmachine
Community Member

Out of an abundance of caution I always have my "Auto-lock" settings on my laptop set to lock my passwords after sleep/screensaver. I imagine that if I'm using it away from home/office then I want to make sure that 1Password is locked if the laptop is ever accessed by someone or stolen etc. However when I am at home (99.9% of the time) this is just overkill and leads to me typing my password numerous times per day.

It would be great if there were settings on a per-network basis so if I'm at home the settings could be relaxed, if I'm at the office then medium security, if I'm at Starbucks or an unknown network then lock down strictly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pixelmachine,

Thanks for sharing your use case and idea, I can certainly understand not wanting to type your account password more than necessary. While I can't make any promises, I've logged your idea to our internal tracker.

In the meantime, if Touch ID is available to you, it's possible to also use it to unlock 1Password: Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks so much for helping us make 1Password the best it can be. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-2429

• pixelmachine
    pixelmachine
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah Touch ID is really the solution but I use my laptop closed for much of the time with an external keyboard. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.