V7 and v8 both on my phone, FaceID issues

Options
markar
markar
Community Member

When I installed v8, it didn’t uninstall v7, so I have both versions on my phone. They seem to share the same database, so I only have to enter passwords once.
The problem happens when it comes time to refresh my master password: Safari won’t let me use faceID, sends me to enter my master password. All fine, but after I enter my master password once, I have to keep putting it in. It seems like 1Password is not recognizing that I refreshed my master password. I have to open 1Password 7 and put in my master password directly before Safari will allow me to use FaceID again. I’m wondering whether this is a function of having both versions installed. It looks like Safari is still going to v7 instead of v8.
So how do I get rid of v7? Why wasn’t it automatically deleted when I upgraded to v8?

Comments

• Hi there @markar

1Password 8 isn't able to delete any other apps from your iPhone, including 1Password 7, so you'll need to delete it once you're set up with 1Password 8 and you're happy you can find all the items you expect.

To delete 1Password 7, tap and hold on its icon on the Home screen or in your App Library and tap the × button or Delete App. You'll see an alert that its data will also be deleted – don't worry, this won't delete the data in 1Password 8, so it's safe to proceed.

After you've done that, and you only have one version of 1Password on your device, you should make sure that your autofill settings are correct:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Make sure that:
    • AutoFill Passwords is turned on
    • 1Password is checked
    • all others, especially Keychain, are unchecked.

Then, you should also double-check that 1Password in Safari is set up correctly: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad.

If you run into any trouble or have any questions, let me know. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.