Is the Safari extension supported in lockdown mode on iOS? It doesn't seem to work for me.

Options
TomCharman
TomCharman
Community Member

No prompts appear when I turn on Lockdown mode, and if I click the Safari extension in the menu, it brings up the half-sheet over Safari but just shows an endless spinner. If I turn off lockdown mode, everything's fine.

Fair enough if it's not supposed to work in Lockdown, but it does seem to operate on macOS Safari in lockdown mode, so thought I'd check. I tried deleting the app and adding it again.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:ios lockdown mode

Comments

• Hi @TomCharman

The short answer is that 1Password should work in Safari on iOS with Lockdown Mode turned on, and we're investigating why it doesn't.

As you said, it looks like it works just fine in macOS with Lockdown Mode turned on, but something doesn't quite work in 1Password in Safari on iOS with Lockdown Mode turned on. Our development team are already on the case looking into why that is, and we hope to get to the bottom of it very soon.

I'll add this thread to their investigation for their reference. Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the inconvenience.

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#16841

• 0xChain
    0xChain
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @GreyM1P any update on this? Still appears to be broken. Thanks

• @0xChain

Thank you for following up. Our developers have looked into this and confirm that 1Password for Safari isn't supported when using Lockdown Mode. Lockdown Mode disables certain features of the Safari browser that our extension requires in order to function.

If you intend to continue using Lockdown Mode then you can use Password AutoFill to fill and save passwords: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#3881

This discussion has been closed.