Best Practice for organizing items within 1Password.

Options
brabner
brabner
Community Member

I want to keep track of wordpress plugins I purchase for client's websites. The developer, the license, when they renew, how much I paid, which sites they are deployed to. Information such as that. What would be the best practice for organizing them? A new vault, a smart folder or something else?

1Password Version: 7.9.8
Extension Version: 7.9.8
OS Version: MacOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari or Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:smart folder vs vault best practices

Comments

• Hi there @brabner

It sounds to me like the Software License item type might be best for this. It already has quite a few of the fields you would need, and you can add any extra ones for things like where they're deployed.

In terms of where to keep those items, you could make another vault if you wanted, or give those items a specific tag. However, if they were the only Software License items you have in your vault, you could use that category as a way to find them. It'll be whatever works best for you. Let me know if you have any questions or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• brabner
    brabner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much for the thoughtful response. My intent is to use the Software Licence for each item. I'll start with a unique tag and see how that goes. I can always move them into a separate vault in the future.

• @brabner – You're welcome! That sounds like a good plan. We'll be here if you need anything from us at any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.