Favorites / user-based

Options

We discovered that the favourites are not user-based but the same for the respective vault for all users. Wouldn't it make sense to make the favourites user-based? The users have different passwords which they would prefer to use.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ScottS1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @1psidctm,

Thanks for asking about per-user favorites in 1Password. It's not something 1Password currently offers, but I'll share your feedback with the team for their consideration. Thank you for contributing to 1Password’s evolution.

Let me know if you have any additional information or comments about this.

ref: IDEA-I-104

• TJSD2022
    TJSD2022
    Community Member
    Options

From looking through the various community messages, this Favorites issue has been a problem for at least six years now. I'm going to tell you guys; this is one of those make or break issues where customers who discover this may move to a different product simply because of this one flaw. As favorites is now, it's basically unusable by families and teams. I've seen repeated responses about how difficult it would be to recreate it. I have a suggestion though. Why don't you leverage the tags feature, and have the favorites use a hidden tag on items that is essentially just tied to the user who "favorited" something? Then for user favorites, all you have to do is make it filter based on the hidden tag of the username logged in. Bingo, you have a list of just "favorites" for the logged in user. Deprecate the old favorites system and eventually remove it at the next major version upgrade/change.

• ScottS1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello @TJSD2022,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on favorite 1Password items and how you'd like them to be implemented. I'll add your voice to our tracking for this feature request.

ref: IDEA-I-104

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    Options

Another vote for per-user favorites, please. It'd make using shared vaults so much nicer.

This is really my last remaining annoyance with 1Password.…now that I can finally reorder fields (again)! 🙌

• ag_max
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Bikr,

Thanks for sharing your interest in this. Our team is still tracking interest and collecting feedback.

ref: pb-31636121

• sgng
    sgng
    Community Member
    Options

I support this request.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks @sgng

I'll get this before the team on your behalf. I appreciate you sharing this with us. It's always nice to hear what you're looking for.

ref: PB-32100093

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update about this?

• mstrecktias
    mstrecktias
    Community Member
    Options

This way of handling favorites has been a surprise for our organization as well. We prefer that the favorites would be personal, not global for the whole shared vault.
    So I add support to this request.

• No updates to share at this time, though I have shared your recent feedback with the rest of the team internally. Thanks for letting us know this is important to you.

ref: pb-34918115

• vtamm
    vtamm
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

1Password, please, please put this higher on your priorities list. I can't believe it's been years without any progress on an issue like this where there is only negative value in the current implementation. Since you've been saying for six years that the issue is "certainly still on our teams radar" (doesn't that mean in your backlog?), that you're "tracking interest", that you agree, and even that it annoys your team, will you at some point at least commit to a timeline/version for a fix, or disclose to us exactly what level of "interest tracked" or "votes recorded" is required on this issue for that to happen so that we can rack up the numbers? There was a guy managing 1Password for 600 people who said personal favorites is the "absolutely highest requested feature by the users"!

We get that something in the architecture makes it difficult. We get that, for some inexplicable reason, "people's workflows depend on how it works today". So just make it a toggle if you can't change the current implementation. Keep what you got and build a separate, alternative solution with no connection to the existing favorites logic and call it "Personal Favorites" or whatever and let us switch between the two as a Team/Family administrator. Add a slight tint to the star icon in the new mode to indicate that it's active.

UX bonus: show friendly warning that toggling modes does not copy any favorites between modes, so we'll get a blank slate after the switch, but also since you obviously cannot get rid of the old system, it will still be there for us in it's current state should we ever decide to toggle back. Literally everyone who would use this toggle would be perfectly happy with a caveat like that.

Hell, call it a beta or temporary feature if you must, and let us know that all Private Favorites in this mode may be permanently and immediately lost should you ever get around to fixing the old system. Yes, it's fine. It's just favorites. We got this.

After all this time, feels like we should at the very least be past canned responses (I mean that figuratively, no offense) about votes and feedback being shared with the team. Just throw us a bone?

• Hello @vtamm,

Thanks for adding your voice to requesting per user favorites of vault items in 1Password. Your interest and detailed feedback is most appreciated. I'd like to share more with you, I'm afraid there isn't any new information about this feature at this time.

Our team does record all requests like this, along with the use case another other information to better understand why a feature is requested, and how such features would be used, but 1Password doesn't currently track votes, where whatever feature request has the most votes gets worked on next. Your best bet to show support for this issue is to have anyone who hasn't already made the feature request send an email to support@1password.com and tell us what they would do with per user favoriting of items that they cannot do now.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.