Possible bug: missing Edit button

platypus55
platypus55
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using 1Password for Android 8.9.10 on a Pixel 5 with Android 13 and the 5 Dec 22 security update.

If I access an item in my vault, it shows a blue Edit button at the top, as expected. If I swipe to another app by swiping at the bottom of the screen, wait a second or two, and swipe back, the edit button is missing.

Previously, the top row showed a left arrow, the blue Edit button and three dots for the drop down menu. If I swipe away and back, this is replaced by a left arrow, the word "Home" or "Item" depending on how I accessed the item, the three dots but no Edit button.

If I tap the left button and access the item again, the Edit button reappears but still, this may be a bug? Also, if I swipe away then back with no pause, the Edit button is still there.

Comments

• Hi @platypus55, thanks for writing in with this detailed report!

This issue has been recently identified as a bug that emerged with 8.9.10 and subsequent releases. The development team is aware of the issue and hopefully we'll see a fix released in the not-so-distant future. In the mean time, closing and reopening item view, as you suggested, should allow you to access the Edit button when this occurs.

My apologies for any inconvinience this has caused. If you have any questions or there's anything I can help with, just let me know!

ref: dev/core/core#18932

• platypus55
    platypus55
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response, really appreciated.

• djmkayak
    djmkayak
    Community Member

Same issue on Android

• Hi @djmkayak, thanks for writing in.

The issue referenced above is with 1Password for Android. I can see we still have an open report to resolve this. If you notice the Edit button isn't available tapping the password field to copy, or selecting ⋮ > Reveal / Show in Large Type should reveal the Edit button. Switching to another tab and back to the item should as well.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.