Shareable Link For Individuals Without 1Password Account

pinxx
pinxx
Community Member

Hello! I was wondering if there's a way to create a shareable link (similar to the --sharable-link flag) for folks that do not have a 1Password account. I am trying to use the CLI to create an item which generates a link right after that I am able to share.

Similar to this, but I'm trying to avoid the GUI:
https://support.1password.com/share-items/

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @pinxx:

Great question! If you're using 1Password CLI directly on your computer, you can use op item share { <itemName> | <itemID> } [flags] to get a shareable link.

item CLI | 1Password Developer Documentation

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• pinxx
    pinxx
    Community Member

That's exactly what I've been looking for!

Thanks so much for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

• You're very welcome @pinxx!

• RtotheK
    RtotheK
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I'd like to comment that the documentation for the --emails flag could be a bit clearer from the op --help.

``--emails strings Email addresses to share with." <-- this is not a great description!!!!

Something like " limit access to only these addresses" or something similar would prevent confusion from people reading the documentation from the CLI directly (me).

At first glance it looked like it might be possible to email the link from the CLI. You must dig through the web docs to read what it is actually doing is -limiting- to those emails if you share the link widely.

Second, the delimiter to list more than one email address is not at all obvious for allowing more than one email address to access a shared item.

This discussion has been closed.