grooveshark.com Login [Flash workaround]

Can you please go to grooveshark.com and tell me how I can get this site defined to 1password for windows. I've tried to login but it doesn't recognize it and defining it any other way has not been fruitful. I love this product but it sure needs work on the Windows side. Lastpass is so much more intuitive. I want this product to succeed please make it more intuitive. It shouldn't be this difficult to add a web site. The grooveshark.com.pdf is the first view your presented. You have to click on the, "sign in" button which brings you to whats presented in the grooveshark2.com.pdf.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1Password is unable to save and restore Logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because Flash is a proprietary solution. At this time, Adobe does not offer interface tools for developers to plug into Flash in the way that 1Password and other form fillers require.

After working with a Flash consultant and reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password, then open the 1Password extension when you visit the site, click the right arrow, and copy and paste your password.

Thankfully, Grooveshark offers an HTML5 beta version of their site:

http://html5.grooveshark.com/#!/login

Just save a Login item on that page via the browser extension. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Khad, I feel I owe you and your team an apology. I didn't even think about the Adobe Flash possibility. Thank you for the work around and quick response.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    No apology necessary. I'm just glad I could help. :)

Enjoy your weekend!
This discussion has been closed.