Credit Card expiry date format

Options

Dear Support!
Many online payment providers in Europe use the credit card expiry date in MM/YY format on their payment platforms.
Is there a way to make the expiry date format in the credit card type item configurable? The credit card item is unusable in its current format because 1Password/autofill does not truncate years to two digits. Two expamle.
Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: v8.9
Extension Version: v2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• GarthM
    GarthM
    Community Member
    Options

Same for in Canada.
    I found this closed discussion going back to 1pw 4
    https://1password.community/discussion/86394/how-to-you-get-1password-to-correctly-auto-fill-a-credit-card-date-with-4-digits-i-e-mm-yy

I see the trouble, had to make a change on my credit card where I used to have MM/YY. Now, the new 1Password application is forcing me on iOS and macOS to use MM/YYYY. I did have MM/YY which worked perfect before making the change. This is a developer application issue.

1Password needs to allow the expiry field to just be 4 digits. This is poor form when they had it right before.

• GirlFriday715
    GirlFriday715
    Community Member
    Options

I too am finding saving credit card information in this application useless. When you go to create a new label it even shows mm/yyyy but when you add that label, it's backwards in the form of yyyy/mm. Most cc companies use mm/yy and they need to have a label that accepts this format. Pretty unacceptable the way it is now.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@annawallis - Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. 🙂 The expected behaviour is that 1Password would properly truncate the expiry to fill properly, but this looks to not be happening on that site. I'd be happy to make an internal report to have our development team look into that specific page for improvement. To do that, could you do the following:

Create a page structure file from that page using these steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar.
    2. Hover with your mouse over Help and select 'Collect Page Structure'.
    3. This should download a file ending with .json.

Attach the .json file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

@GarthM and @GirlFriday715 If you're seeing that same behaviour on a specific site, could you share the specific URL you're on so we can investigate that as well? If the page isn't a public one, it would be great to have a page structure file emailed in following the steps I shared above, if you're able to do so.

Thanks for your continued support of 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.