Blur not firing in an Angular app when filled with 1password

Options
ktwbc
ktwbc
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have an Angular javascript website front end with a username and password field, and the username (email) has a blur event on it, like so:

(html carets removed because this forum doesn't apparently support properly escaping and showing code snippets)

input
class="form-control"
placeholder="{{ 'login.email-address' | translate }}"
id="email"
name="email"
type="email"
(focus)="focus = true"
(blur)="focus = false; blurEmail()"
formControlName="email"

I have noticed that when I type in an email manually, typing each character and then tab or clicking away from the field, my blur event fires, but when I use 1Password to fill in the field, this never happens.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and any way around it?

1Password Version: 2.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Monterrey
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ntag
    ntag
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same issue with React, and just lost one hour trying to figure why my onBlur event wasn't fired 🤯.

This is really annoying as it could break web-apps: 1Password should never interfere with onFocus/onBlur events ⚠️

• noodlesips
    noodlesips
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Just ran into this using Vue 3. Absolute nightmare to debug, as it only occurs on pages where a password type field is detected.

It's worth noting that this behavior was not occurring as recently as last week. A regression in a recent extension update?

Workaround:

• Click the 1Password icon in browser toolbar
    • Open the Menu (small icon to left of + New Item button) and choose Settings
    • Navigate to Autofill
    • Disable Show autofill menu on field focus
  • silent_e
    silent_e
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'm experiencing this as well. A field that's detected by 1password is blocking 'blur' and 'focusout' event handling in javascript. I had to disable the extension but I suppose @noodlesips solution would work too, to the detriment of all other websites.

1Password extension 2.4.1
    Safari 16.2
    Ventura 13.1

I agree with @ntag. Javascript events should not be interfered with.

(e)

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @ktwbc @ntag @noodlesips - We did roll back some changes made that were affecting those onFocus/onBlur events in 1Password in the browser version 2.5.0 (1Password in the browser Releases). I'm sorry for the trouble caused, but hopefully things are back on track for you at this point.

@silent_e - Safari hasn't received the new version quite yet, but I'm hopeful we'll see that updated soon. In the meantime, I'd recommend the workaround offered above, or using one our other supported browsers.

Thanks for your continued support of 1Password, all! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.