Can no longer see related items attached to an item (ex, pic of credit card to credit card info)

mhboda
mhboda
Community Member
edited December 2022 in iOS

Before a recent upgrade to 1Password, I had been able to easily pull up a picture that I had attached to an item. For example, I had my credit card info inputted, but I also had a picture of the front and back of the credit card attached to that information. When I touch the related item, thinking the picture will come up (as it has in the past), 1Password instead takes me to a long list and I have to find the image in the list. The picture doesn't come up automatically. Has this changed in an upgrade? Or is there something I need to change in my app to fix the problem? How can I fix this problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:attachments not showing

Comments

• mhboda
    mhboda
    Community Member

I'm using 1Password on my iPhone12 with the most recent version of iOS.

• Hey there @mhboda

Could you tell me the exact steps you're taking when this happens? Are you searching for the item or looking it up in a list? If I can reproduce the issue here, I'll be able to investigate this a bit further with you. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• mhboda
    mhboda
    Community Member

So, here's the steps:

1) I go into my 1password app and search for an item.
    2) often, I've "attached" a picture related to the item right there--such as a picture of a credit card or a piece of the identification.
    3) I have (at least in the past) just clicked on the item--if I have "attached" a picture, it is found at the bottom and usually has a file name like "IMG_2422.JPG." I noticed when 1password upgraded a few months ago that, instead of just pulling up the picture, that I am instead taken to a full list of my items and then I have to search for the file in the list and can open it up that way. Before, that hadn't been necessary.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

• mhboda
    mhboda
    Community Member

@GreyM1P Just checking in again on this issue.

• @mhboda

It sounds like a known issue we're working to resolve. Try searching for the attached item directly to avoid this trouble. It sounds like you've already found that workaround though. I hope we can get this resolved soon. My apologies for the trouble.

• mhboda
    mhboda
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

It’s helpful to know you’re working on it. Thank you. It definitely occurred following your big upgrade. Basically any pictures that I had attached to a log in item no longer worked as it had. That said, I have seen the link work in the newer version but it is inconsistent and seems to not work far more than it does.

• @mhboda

Thank you for your patience. As soon as a fix is included in a future update you'll see it listed here: 1Password Releases

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#16821

• mhboda
    mhboda
    Community Member

You have a good product. I hoped you can fix it as the attachments were a key feature of my deciding on going with 1Password. Will await further word. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.