Tapping Settings in the Safari Extension opens a blank tab

RosemaryOrchard
RosemaryOrchard
Community Member
edited December 2022 in iOS

From the Safari extension on iOS if I tap the hamburger button (three horizontal lines in a circle), there is a Settings option, which opens a new blank tab in Safari, and nothing else. I'm not sure what this is supposed to do, but even disabling content blockers (I use 1Blocker and disabled it entirely in the Settings app for Safari) this doesn't seem to work.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 8.9.7
OS Version: iPadOS 16.3 (20D5024e)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @RosemaryOrchard! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to open 1Password for Safari's settings. Are you using an external keyboard with your iPad by any chance? If you temporarily disconnect the external keyboard then can you open 1Password's settings page?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9873

• slprice
    slprice
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I have had the same issue for a long time. It behaves the same with our without the keyboard attached. Choosing "Settings..." simply opens a new tab. I found a way to get the settings to open though, with a bit of fiddling. After the new tab opens, switch to a different app then back to Safari. The cursor will be in the address bar click in the gray new tab area to get out of the address bar. The suggestions will close and a dialog will remain that asks, "Open this page in '1Password'?" Click "Open."

1Password 8.9.7
    iPadOS 16.2

• @slprice

Thanks. I've passed that feedback to the team. Hopefully it will prove helpful in the hunt for a resolution.

This discussion has been closed.