Watch unlock interacts poorly with Sleep Focus

Options
vjgoh
vjgoh
Community Member

I have a bunch of focus modes, including sleep. 1Password on the Mac interacts very poorly with this—it will bring up the dialogue asking me if I'd like to unlock 1Password with my Apple Watch, and sometimes I'll even get the tap on my wrist, but the dialogue will disappear before I can verify with my Watch, so that doesn't work.

But WORSE, it actually dismisses the dialogue before I can click to say that I'd like to unlock using my password (unless I'm moving extremely quickly and anticipate where the dialogue box will be). So I get nothing. From a usability perspective, it's incredibly obnoxious.

Of course I can unlock it manually, but there's always a few moments where I try to interact because I've forgotten what's about to happen.

It would be better if it simply did not prompt me to use my Watch during the sleep Focus.

Is there a workaround to this, or is a fix upcoming?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS 13.1
Browser:_ Firefox & Safari
Referrer: forum-search:watch unlock

Comments

• @vjgoh

Sleep focus (or other) is a function of the OS; as such, my best recommendation would be to report the issue to Apple. Basically (in my understanding), the focus (any) sits between the app and the notification appearing. I liken it to a firewall. Probably a bad description on my part. The notification is always happening, but the focus steps in and goes hey, now you're not allowed to get through and blocks it or allows it based on your settings. It would seem that the notification is not getting caught at the right time or bleeding through. Our use of the Apple Watch unlock feature is built upon an Apple API. For that reason I believe they would be the best option for reporting the issue.

 Apple Support - Contact Us

This discussion has been closed.