Cannot delete tags

Options
tastyroadkill
tastyroadkill
Community Member

I right click, select delete, confirm the delete, and then nothing happens. The tag doesn't delete. I've tried deleting multiple tags, some associated with entries and others that are not tied to any entry and none will delete. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @tastyroadkill! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble deleting tags. Do the tags that you're trying to delete have any nested tags? They'll look like this:

If they do then our developers are currently investigating an issue where tags with nested tags can't be deleted. If the tags that you're trying to delete don't have any nested tags then please let me know. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19058

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

I can't delete both nested and individual tags. I was able to delete a few of the tags and I think the difference is the ones I deleted were newer (last few years) whereas the ones I'm having trouble deleting have been around for a lot longer (5+ years). I am, however, able to create and subsequently delete new tags.

Edit: I'm also unable to rename any of the tags I cannot delete.

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just a follow-up that I'm still having this issue. Can't delete or rename the tags and most appear to be legacy tags from years ago.

• @tastyroadkill

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to investigate this further, please try to delete one of the affected tags again and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @tastyroadkill

I found that report. Let's keep the conversation going via email.

ref: GTG-56823-535

This discussion has been closed.