To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Just a word of thanks

Darcorn
Darcorn
Community Member

Hello!

I just wanted to thank @Catherine_F1P and all of you who helped me with the transition from Lastpass to 1Password and provide an update that every 2FA token is now safely embedded into 1P. In the end I had to do it manually one token at a time. I have to say that I'm amazed at how much easier 1P is than my previous manager. I especially like when 1P tells me that 2FA is available on a site that I've just added. The only thing I'm a little anxious about is either losing my secret key or 2FA device :) Thanks again and I hope to stay with 1P for years to come!

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows 22H2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• @Darcorn

On behalf of Catherine and the entire team, you're welcome. We're happy to have you with us. If you have any questions moving forward please let us know.

Don't forget you can turn off two-factor authentication, if needed.

You can turn off two-factor authentication in the 1Password apps

Keep that Secret Key safe. If you have a family membership don't forget that you have the option to setup and use account recovery. 🚑 Recover accounts for family or team members. If not, I would recommend saving your Secret Key in multiple locations. I keep one copy locally, one copy at a relatives and another in a bank safe deposit box.

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member

Thanks for the welcome! As for 2FA I am anxious because of a scenario: what if I accidentally delete 1P from my phone and don't have a PC on hand to read the OTP off of?

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member

Never mind :) After reading one of the blog's posts I've decided to turn 2FA off for 1P :)

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

@Darcorn When you active mfa for 1Password, you get a QR code to scan. Make a screenshot and print this QR code on paper and store it along with your other important papers.

If you accidentally delete 1P from your phone and don't have a PC on hand, you can scan this printed QR code again in some authenticator app of your choice (for example Google Authenticator) and get a valid OTP code from it.

Actually, I have both 1Password and Google Authenticator on my phone and the most important mfa codes are in Google Authenticator as well, so I don't rely on a single app with that important code. You can scan these QR codes as often as you need. They only get invalid, if you generate a new one.

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member

Thanks! That was the only thing that kept me from fully switching from Lastpass to 1P. I am not paranoid (I hope so!) but I've a habit of turning on 2FA wherever it's offered,

If I may ask another question. I've seen 1password used in conjunction with other providers like Apple or Google. The video showed it working on MacOS and I haven't found it in either Firefox or Chrome for Windows. Is that option available for PC?

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

If you mean the new "sign in with" feature of 1Password, it's definitely available for Windows and Chrome, because I perceived it as very intrusive function I disabled immediately. I'm using Chrome under Windows. You mileage may vary of course and actually welcome this function - I simply don't need it and didn't request it and expected such thing that vastly changes experience with a large number of websites would be something that needs to be explicitly enabled by the user.

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member

Yes, that's the one but I seem to have it disabled by default. Just curious to check it out

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022

@Darcorn

I am not paranoid (I hope so!) but I've a habit of turning on 2FA wherever it's offered,

Nope not paranoid at all. Just cautious as you should be. I do the same and started out on the same path years back.

This discussion has been closed.