1P 8 Safari extension "Settings" option only opens new blank tab on iPad

BaronKrause
BaronKrause
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

If you click the Safari extension settings cog button on iPhone, it opens a new tab that asks if you would like to open this in 1Password app. If you click the same button on iPad it only opens a new blank tab.

You can get the redirect to load by minimizing safari and then opening it again, or locking the screen and unlocking it. After doing so the once full screen new tab page is replaced with the redirect prompt page (with the favorites in a smaller window obscuring it since the search bar is highlighted until you click outside it).

Of course you can just go to the extensions settings page in the app manually, but just figured I would report this bug.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

I’m seeing this with 1P7. And if I lock and unlock, I’m informed that the address is invalid!

• spsisys
    spsisys
    Community Member

Same problem here! I've really noticed after upgrading to 1P 8... Annoying bug. Additionally it is also annoying to use 1P 8 Safari extension and not be able to set My Collection as the one to use by default

• nlapalomento
    nlapalomento
    Community Member

Similar issue here. When I open the safari extension on iOS on my ipad and tap “edit” when looking at a login, it just opens a blank safari tab instead of opening 1password

• Hi @nlapalomento:

By chance do you happen to have an external keyboard connected to your iPad? Let me know.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9873

• nlapalomento
    nlapalomento
    Community Member

actually yea! I have the Smart Keyboard Folio for iPad Pro

• @nlapalomento

That sounds like an issue we're tracking already. Our development team are investigating why this happens only when the keyboard is attached, but works normally when it isn't. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have a solution for this as soon as we can. In the meantime, temporarily lifting the iPad off the Smart Connector for your keyboard will prevent it from happening, although I do appreciate that's only a workaround, not a fix.

• nlapalomento
    nlapalomento
    Community Member

Thanks for the update @GreyM1P

• @nlapalomento – You're welcome! :)

• cmckulka
    cmckulka
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

FYI I just reproduced this with an iPad Pro and the Smart Folio keyboard. Removing the iPad from the keyboard works around the issue.

This discussion has been closed.