Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Comments

• mikepassword
    mikepassword
    Community Member

Have same issuu on 8.9.7. TestFlight Beta is fulll.
    Agilebits: Any chance you could increase the size of the beta until the production release with the fix is out?

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member

Wow, it's been 2 or 3 months since I visited this thread and downgraded to 1P7, which has been mostly working fine, but I figured by now things must have been sorted out. I am utterly speechless that a bug this central to the 1P experience affecting this many people has not been fixed, nor has any ETA been shared with the thousands of people in this thread. In the decade plus I've used this software, I've never experienced anything like this. This company has, in my book, some of the best customer support around, so I have to assume this fix is not a top priority, or there'd be more communication about when the fix will be live.

• joshukraine
    joshukraine
    Community Member

Same problem here. iPhone XR / iOS 16.1.1 / 1P v8.9.7 Especially noticeable when trying to sign in to a website through a browser. (Safari/Chrome) FaceID comes up, but almost immediately it fails with the message "That didn't work... You need to enter your account password before you can use Face ID."

Really surprising to find that this issue is so well documented and still unresolved. Having to enter my full master password every time is very problematic. Is there an ETA for resolving this?

• sylvain007
    sylvain007
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Same issue here on Iphone 12 pro since August (!!!) with always the latest iOs and 1Password version installed…
    Every system or app update is a hope this will fix it with no luck…
    Had to roll back to the v7 that is working fine with Face Id

While I loved 1Password, I’ve been really really disappointed with this and the way it is being handled for months now!

• inkoofen
    inkoofen
    Community Member

Same issue on my iPhone 13 for months now. Real sad Agilebits doesn't give a ...... to bring this essential function back to life.

• we5
    we5
    Community Member

Same problem here. The interesting part here is, that it worked after upgrading to this version and it fixed like promised in the changelog. But somehow, after changing the code, it stopped working and really nothing helped. Uninstalling, deactivating FaceID, changing passwords.

The most annoying part here is that I have 3 (three!!!) accounts added to 1Password (2 business, 1 family) and because there is no single master password anymore I have to enter 3 passwords. I already use iCloud Keychain for helping with this. But this does not work in the Safari context, because there is no password auto-fill option for a password auto-fill dialog 😂

The FaceID icon is showing up and it seems to work, but the password field is empty after FaceID query so it is disabled again. I think it has something to do with wrong assignment for the passwords.

I will try 1Password 7, but i also consider switching all 3 accounts to iCloud. Just before this mess (which started only some days ago) i recommended 1Password to another friend (I honestly cannot count anymore how often i insist to friends and colleagues to use 1Password)

iOS: 16.2
    1Password: 8.9.7

• mthomas235
    mthomas235
    Community Member

I was just about to switchti 1password as a LastPass user sick of breeches, but seeing the faceid issue ongoing for almost two months is giving me major pause. Since I never downloaded 1pass on my iPhone or MacBook, is there a way now to only go and get version 7 and stay off of 8?

• mattim
    mattim
    Community Member

As commented by other users this has finally been fixed in version 8.9.9 which is in beta. Getting access to the beta version takes two minutes, just follow this: https://testflight.apple.com/join/fzDLkIVK

• jjochen
    jjochen
    Community Member

The beta is full

• jjochen
    jjochen
    Community Member

How long does it normally take until a beta is released?

• mattim
    mattim
    Community Member

Hmm, I registered only yesterday, must have filled up right after then...

Unsure of the time to release, but my regular 1password app was on version 8.9.7 before joining the beta program, so there may be a version 8.9.8 coming out before 8.9.9 (8.9.8 still has the bug as far as I know).

• DrWhoZee
    DrWhoZee
    Community Member

It would be nice if the essentials were working reliably before new fangled stuff is rolled out (oauth2, for example, and that seems to have its issues as well)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

@mthomas184 I had held off switching from 1PW 7 to 8 because of the concerns expressed here. But now I’ve installed 8 on my phone, iPad and my wife has just gotten it installed on her new M2 iPad Pro. No Face ID issues whatsoever. If yours will be a new install you needn't worry. Now if for some unlikely reason you reset all settings on your device you might experience what others in these threads are. In 15 years of iOS devices I’ve never had reason to do this, so we've not had any issues. You can still install 7 if you wish, it works extremely well but in the 2 months I’ve now used 8 there have been no problems. My wife just activated her new iPad yesterday and we installed 8 shortly after, Face ID works perfectly. If you want 7 just go here :
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-7-password-manager/id568903335

• dbeylkhanov
    dbeylkhanov
    Community Member

I have the same problem with 1password extension in safari and It doesn't work for me (iOS 16)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @jjochen ,

How long does it normally take until a beta is released?

It depends ... Sometimes there are only a few days and the beta goes into the stable release. But actually it takes a bit longer ... Latest beta release 8.9.9 was released on November 10th, and it didn't make it into a stable release yet. 🤔

• robinvsears
    robinvsears
    Community Member

Updated to new iOS. Now won’t recognize face, demands password EVERY TIME!

• martinewski
    martinewski
    Community Member

Just went back to 1Password 7 on my iPhone and iPad because it's been such a long time without any solution to this horrendous bug. Feels like home again.

• jaywaycon
    jaywaycon
    Community Member

I’m having this issue and 1Password 7 isn’t available on latest iOS version on iPhone 14.

This is a terrible experience. Hopefully someone figures out a workaround soon!

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

@jaywaycon The link to 1Password 7 is in my post above.

• jaywaycon
    jaywaycon
    Community Member

@pappjo yeah that link doesn’t work for me

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

Ok. Odd it takes me right to the App Store page for 7. Others have also used it in previous threads. If you had 7 at one time it should be in your purchase list under your name. It can be downloaded from there. Mine appears there but I’ve switched to 8 now.

• jaywaycon
    jaywaycon
    Community Member

It’s a us App Store link and I’m in the uk. Even searching the AppStore and going to the developer page for 1Password a version 7 isn’t available. A google search for 1Password 7 gives me a link to the App Store but I get the following when I try to download

• mlines
    mlines
    Community Member

Answer is go back to 1PW 7. You can still download it in the app store.

• dluftman
    dluftman
    Community Member

Has this issue been resolved? Just Re upgraded to 8 and still seeing issue with Face ID. Thanks

• jaan
    jaan
    Community Member

Still facing this issue on iphone 14.

This discussion has been closed.