To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question about 2FA

Darcorn
Darcorn
Community Member

Hello everyone!

After much deliberation I've finally decided to switch from Lastpass to 1Password. I must admit I'm feeling slightly intimidated by this change. In my earlier post I've written about the inability to transfer TOTP codes from LP to 1P but I've decided to do it differently by keeping LP's authenticator app long enough to disable 2FA on one app and re-enable it on another.

As I understand 1P will automatically fill one time codes from the authenticator once I enable it. The problem is that there are sites on which auto-fill doesn't work (or at least it doesn't with LP). What to do when I encounter such a site with LP?

Thanks in advance for all the support you can give me :)

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2
Browser:_ Firefox Latest

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

You can always copy the current otp to the clipboard and paste it into some input field. If you're using the desktop app, you can even drag the otp field to the input field and it will be pasted without clipboard. It's just a field available for reading/copying/pasting as any other field, just with its content changing every 30 seconds. You're not copying the secret key behind the field, you're copying the generated otp.

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Thank you for the answer.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Hey @Darcorn ,

As I wrote here, copying the secret or the otpauth path from an entry in LastPass into an entry from 1Password should work. 😊
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/666631/#Comment_666631

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member

Thanks @DenalB! Took me a while but it's done :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Good to know! Have fun! 👍

• @Darcorn

I'm happy to see that DenalB was able to help. Let us know if you have any other questions. And welcome to 1Password! 🎉

-Dave

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member

Thanks for the welcome @Dave_1P . I have a thousand questions about 1P but I don't want to hog the forums :)

• @Darcorn

Oh don't worry about that, we're all here to help and would be happy to answer your questions if you find the time to post them! 😁

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.