MrC's converter file fails [Requires Perl modules installation]

Options
tidmarsh
tidmarsh
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Linux

I'm trying to use MrC's converter file to convert a Lastpass export into 1pass format, and everytime I try to run it (including with the -h or --help option) I get an error message.

I've downloaded and extracted the converters, and I'm running from the command line. Here's what I get:

Error: failed to load converter module 'lastpass'
Can't locate Date/Calc.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Calc module) (@INC contains: /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/. /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34 /usr/share/perl/5.34 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Lastpass.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Lastpass.pm line 19.
Compilation failed in require at convert.pl line 237.

Usage: convert.pl lastpass <options> <export file>

Options:

Include one of the converters above on the command line to see more complete options.
Example:

perl convert.pl ewallet --help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2022
    Options

@tidmarsh

I'm sorry that I do not have a proper modules installation script for the various Linux systems.

To install the required Date::Calc module, run the command:

sudo apt-get install libdate-calc-perl

Then convert as per the instructions.

$ perl convert.pl lastpass -v ../lastpass_safari_ext_export.csv 
    Import summary:
       38 items discovered
    Export summary:
        1 Database item
        1 Driver License item
        1 Email Account item
        1 Passport item
        1 Software License item
        1 Wireless Router item
        2 Credit Card items
        2 Server items
        3 Bank Account items
        3 Membership items
        3 Social Security Number items
        4 Login items
       15 Secure Note items
       38 total items
    You may now import the file below into 1Password 8:
        /home/MrC/Desktop/MCS_converted.1pux

• tidmarsh
    tidmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed the module above, and now I get a different error:

Error: failed to load converter module 'lastpass'
    Can't locate IO/String.pm in @INC (you may need to install the IO::String module) (@INC contains: /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/. /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34 /usr/share/perl/5.34 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Lastpass.pm line 23.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/ted/Documents/danger/mrc-converter-suite - released version/mrc-converter-suite-2022-10-12-0941/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Lastpass.pm line 23.
    Compilation failed in require at convert.pl line 237.

I then followed the directions at https://metacpan.org/pod/IO::String for installing IO::String, but get the same "Can't locate IO/String.pm in @INC..." error message

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@tidmarsh

Do the same thing, but for the IO::String module:

sudo apt-get install libio-string-perl

• tidmarsh
    tidmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

I also had to sudo apt-get install libarchive-zip-perl, but that got it. Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the additional information @tidmarsh . I'll add that to my list.

I rarely have to update in Linux, so get behind in the list of modules that are required for any given distro. Since there are very few password managers here, the converter suite is only required occasionally in Linux.

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.